Friday, February 4, 2011

Teacher Resume Cover Letter

An effective cover letter will highlight the information in your resume most relevant to a particular teaching position: your credentials and experience.
Follow the standard format for any business correspondence, beginning with your name and address in the letterhead or upper left-hand corner, the date, and the complete name and address of the principal or school district official in charge of hiring for this position.
Call the school or district if no specific name is given in the job listing. They'll tell you to whom you should address the letter.
Keep the letter to a maximum of one page, with about three paragraphs.
Open by stating why you're writing, the position for which you're applying, and how you learned of the position (newspaper, placement office).
In the middle paragraph, discuss why the position interests you, your specific qualifications, and give a solid mention of your teaching experience in the area the job requires. If you know anything about the school district to which you are applying, indicate why you want to teach there. Mention relevant highlights in your resume.
Close by expressing your interest in an interview; include any information (dates, phone number) that will facilitate an interview appointment. Explain how the employer can obtain your credential information, or indicate that the credential and college transcripts are being sent, if so requested. (Generally, you will give the address for your graduating college career center, where your credential is on file, and you will have the registrar's office of your school send your transcripts to your prospective employer.)
Thank the employer for considering your application.

example

Sample Teacher Resume Cover Letter

assoytheboyfly
1234, West 67 Street,
Carlisle, MA 01741,
(123)-456 7890.
Date: 1st January 2011

Justin Holloway
XYZ Company.,
1234 Archer Road,
Gainesville, Fl 32607,
(352)-555 1635.
Dear Mr. Justin, I am very much interested in the post of high school teacher with specialty in English and Literature. I am having the ten years of teaching experience in the Greenwich Public School and Guam public School but now I want to work in a private institution. I heard and read about your institution, your school is much famous and has great reputation with faculty and students, so I want to join the team.
I am very grateful that you are seeking for high school teachers having backgrounds in English, history, and literature. My profile match with the two of the three requirements. So if you are interested, I will come to the office in the next week to discuss more about my qualifications and work profile.
You can contact me at (123)-456 7890 weekday evenings or weekends. I am looking forward to hearing from you and be grateful for you that you have read this cover letter. I expect you will consider for me for one of the positions you plan to fill till the end of summer.
Sincerely,
(Signature)
assoytheboyfly

Sample Teacher Resume Cover Letter

assoytheboyfly
1234, West 67 Street,
Carlisle, MA 01741,
(123)-456 7890.
Date: 1st January 2011

Justin Holloway
XYZ Company.,
1234 Archer Road,
Gainesville, Fl 32607,
(352)-555 1635.
Dear Mr. Justin, I am very pleased to see that you are looking for an experienced watercolor art teacher for your Global Studio. It is not so common and not so easy to find art teacher positions, so I feel very lucky to have heard about your requirement.
I was working as art teacher for past ten years at Paul's Boutique in San Diego, California. But, the owner mainly focused on tourist traffic and because of that I never had the satisfaction of working with talented students for long term basis. And now I am ready for that.
I would like to come to your 'nook' so that I get a chance to show you my portfolio and to tell you more about my teaching experience. If you want to meet me I am free at any morning before 11:00. Please contact me at (123)-456 7890 to arrange the meeting.
Thank you very much for considering my cover letter and resume as well as giving me this opportunity.
Sincerely,
(Signature)
assoytheboyfly

No comments:

Post a Comment