Thursday, January 27, 2011

Job Promotion Cover Letter

ob Promotion Cover Letter Example

By Assoy The Boy Fly
hen you're being considered for a job promotion, you may need to write a cover letter to officially apply for the new position. A job promotion cover letter should clearly explain why you are qualified for the position and should review the experience you have with the company.
Don't presume that the hiring manager or department manager reviewing your qualifications will know your background. That's especially true when applying for a promotion at a large company.

Sample Job Promotion Cover Letter
Dear Mr. or Ms. Last Name,
I would like to formally apply for the Assistant Communications Manager position in the Corporate Communications Department. As you are aware, I have extensive experience with the company starting when I participated the summer editorial intern program while I was in college.
Since then I have held positions in the both the Human Resources and Marketing departments. During my tenure I have developed exceptional writing and editing skills, and have designed and implemented communications strategies on a departmental level.
I have a demonstrated ability to work collegially with leaders across business units and lines of business. In addition, I have been responsible for benefits communications, employee relations, as well as liaisoning with the company's clients and vendors.
These are just a few examples of my accomplishments,. I hope that you will find that this brief view, in combination with the attached resume, describe a dedicated employee of ABCD with the experience and skills to meet or exceed the requirements of the position of Assistant Communications Manager.
I appreciate your consideration and looking forward to discussing this opportunity for promotion with you at your convenience.
Best Regards,
Your Name

 

No comments:

Post a Comment