Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Email Cover Letter


When you're sending an email cover letter, it's important to follow the employer's instructions on how to submit your cover letter and resume, and to make sure that your email cover letters are written as well as any other correspondence you send.

Sample:

Subject Line of Email Message: Editorial Assitant Position - Jane Jobs
Email Message:
Dear Hiring Manager,
I would like to express my interest in a position as editorial assistant for your publishing company.
As a recent graduate with writing, editing, and administrative experience, I believe I am a strong candidate for a position at the 123 Publishing Company.
You specify that you are looking for someone with strong writing skills. As an English major, a writing tutor, and an editorial intern for both a government magazine and a college marketing office, I have become a skilled writer with a variety of experience.
My maturity, practical experience, and eagerness to enter the publishing business will make me an excellent editorial assistant. I would love to begin my career with your company, and am confident that I would be a beneficial addition to the 123 Publishing Company.
I have enclosed my resume, and will call within the next week to see if we might arrange a time to speak together.
Thank you so much for your time and consideration.
Sincerely,
Jane Jones
____________
Jane Jones
111 Main Street
Town, NY 11111
Email: janejones@gmail.com
Cell: (555) 555-5555
LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/janejones

No comments:

Post a Comment